For small businesses, the end of the year is the perfect time to do your business planning for the year ahead. From getting your financial books in order to setting business goals, the end of the year is a great time for planning for what’s next.
It’s also a great time to reflect on the accomplishments of the past year, which is what we’re doing here at RedBoard Biz. We’ve had a great year covering news and information to help power your business so to end the year, here is a recap our top 5 posts of 2011.
- LTE now live in Ottawa: On July 7, we announced the launch of Rogers LTE network in Ottawa. For small businesses, this launch meant a better experience with CRM tools, real-time video conferencing and multimedia communications. To help show the business benefits of LTE, we did a series of videos with Rogers Reade Barber and looked at things like online collaboration, LTE devices and a Remote Worker Healthcare application over LTE. In September, we rolled out LTE to Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver.
- Can WiFi Calling work for your business?: In March, we announced WiFi Calling for businesses. This service allows you to make calls by connecting to an office, home or public WiFi network and move seamlessly to the Rogers wireless network when WiFi is no longer available. The great thing about this service is that it can help businesses predict costs, extend coverage and it can also be deployed easily. To help us talk about WiFi Calling for business, we talked to industry analyst Jon Arnold in the first video in our RedBoard Biz video series, which featured 13 videos over the course of the year.
- Share your know-how: Small business week contest: Small business week was October 16-22 and to celebrate and acknowledge all the hard-working small business owners out there, we decided to host a three week long contest where RedBoard Biz readers shared their tips, ideas and insights for a chance to win a new BlackBerry smartphone. Your feedback was amazing. So amazing that we took your comments and summarized them into three additional blog posts highlighting some of our favourite responses.
- M2M: Machines are talking: You may have heard the term M2M being mentioned at some point this year so in this post, we wanted to take some time to explain Machine-to-machine technology (M2M) and what it means for your business. It turns out this was a topic you were interested in as this was among our top 5 most viewed posts of the year.
- RedBoard Biz celebrates 1 year anniversary: To mark the first anniversary of RedBoard Biz, we held a contest and asked you to tell us what you’d like to see on RedBoard Biz in the coming year for a chance to win a new BlackBerry. Your comments and suggestions were truly fantastic. Stay tuned in 2012 to see some of these topics featured on our blog.
On behalf of the team at RedBoard Biz, thank you for being a part of our community. All the best for 2012.
Miranda is a regular contributor to RedBoard Biz