Well, that’s a wrap – almost. 2012 is coming to an end, so naturally, we’re reflecting on the year and planning for what’s next. We’ve had a great year covering the latest technology and trends so to end the year, here – in no particular order – is a recap our top 5 posts of 2012.
- Rogers One Number for Business: Back in February, we announced Rogers One Number™, a service that lets you talk, text and send picture messages, plus video chat with other Rogers One Number users, all from your computer using your existing phone number. We knew this was a service that small businesses would love, so in October, we wrote this post announcing that this great service was available for small business customers as well.
- Launch of OutRank™: In January, we launched OutRank, a new online marketing solution that helps small businesses grow their online presence and customer base by marketing effectively online and on mobile devices. Later in the year, we did a Q&A with Carrie Shaw, head of marketing at OutRank to ask her about her tips for successful online marketing.
- Tablet contest: How could we forget our tablet contest we held back in May? We received so many amazing entries about how your business is using tablets in new and innovative ways, it was hard to narrow it down to a top 3. Ultimately, Gamal Mustpha of SMT Research was named our grand prize winner and was featured in Connected for Business™ magazine, and our recent Q&A.
- Launch of mobile payments: In November, we rolled out mobile contactless payments in Canada by making the first SIM-based mobile interaction on an NFC-enabled smartphone. Pan American Games and Olympic gold medalist Simon Whitfield was on hand on launch day to make the first payment at a Tim Horton’s where he purchased a coffee using his BlackBerry® smartphone. Definitely one of the highlights of the year. If you’re looking for some additional information on mobile payments, check out this 101 we did earlier this year.
- Windows 8: In November, we announced that Rogers joined forces with Microsoft as the preferred wireless partner for Windows 8. Windows 8 was a particularly exciting launch for us because the platform has some unique functions that we know your small business will love. If one of your new year’s resolutions is to be more organized, perhaps you should consider picking up a Windows 8 device before 2013 begins.
On behalf of the team at RedBoard Biz, thank you for being a part of our community. Wishing you an amazing 2013.
Miranda is a regular contributor to RedBoard Biz